Complete refurbishment of the common parts and external redecoration of a 5 story office building in Knightsbridge SW7.
Reception and stairwell
- Remove marble cladding to the ground floor reception and strip out all suspended ceilings and lighting services from the basement to the 5th floor landing.
- Install suspended MF plasterboard ceilings from the 5th floor landing to the lower ground lift lobby. Install 600 x 600 metal pan suspended ceiling to the lower ground floor corridor.
- New L3 compliant lighting system trough out consisting linear lighting system let flush into the plasterboard ceilings and LED spot lighting as required.
- Full internal redecoration of the stairwell and lobbies.
- New purpose made walnut flush doors and frames.
- Marble wall cladding and marble floors to the reception.
- New carpet and nosing to the staircase from lower ground to the 5th floor lift lobby.
- New purpose made joinery and reception furniture to the reception.
- Full external redecoration and repairs to rendered cladding panels.
- Overhaul and repair external aluminium doors and frames.
The most challenging aspect of this project was the fact that the work could only be undertaken whist the rest of the building was fully occupied. The building could be accessed from the front and the rear but the main stairwell and lift lobbies had to be kept operational at all times.
Safe methods of working needed to be developed within the lifts and stairwells which where the only means of access to the floors by the occupants.
Programme: As a result of the timeframe and the risks of associated with tenant access, detailed planning and risk assessments were carried out for all phases. In addition, specific milestone dates.