Location; Moreau House, 116 Brompton Rd, Knightsbridge SW7 4ES
CAT A refurbishment of 5,000 ft2 1st floor office space, refurbishment of the reception and main stairwell, Full external redecoration and masonry repairs. on behalf of the landlord.
Cat A Fit Out; returning 5,000 ft2 of offices and meeting rooms back to open plan.
1st Floor office
- Remove existing air-conditioning and lighting systems back to incoming services and install new ducted VRV system complete with Trend BMS` control system, and new L3 compliant lighting systems with daylight saving controls.
- Raised floors, new walnut joinery, full access metal ceiling and plaster margin.
- Gut all toilets and lobbies and refit as Unisex toilet accommodation.
- Removal of small external balcony and encapsulate the space for additional offices.
- New Landlords power supply tennant power supply board into two zones to enable full split of the floor complete with new panel, sub main and EDF compliant metering.
Reception and stairwell
- Remove all suspended ceilings and install new metal pan ceilings with plasterboard bulkheads and margins.
- Refurbish solid oak flooring and staircase.
- New L3 compliant lighting system.
- Full internal redecoration olf stairwell and staircase.
- Refurbish glass lift shaft.
- New purpose made reception desk and oak panelling as well as new purpose made oak doors and frames.
- Refit security staff welfare room.
- Full external redecoration and repairs to rendered cladding panels.
- Remove the existing rotating entrance door system and install new entrance doors and screen complete with automatic pas door and new granite paving.
Timeframe: The most challenging aspect of this project was the fact that the work could only be undertaken whist the rest of the building was occupied. This was further complicated by two residential flats on the top floor which severely restricted the time available for drilling and demolitions.
Safe methods of working needed to be developed within the stairwells which where the only means of access to the floors by the occupants and residents of the top floor apartments.
Programme: As a result of the timeframe and the risks of associated with tenant access, detailed planning and risk assessments were carried out for all phases. In addition, specific milestone dates where fixed for IT and comms switch over.