CAT B refurbishment of 3,500f2 5th floor office space, works included the formation of open plan office accommodation for 30 workstations, boardroom, two meeting rooms, comms room, kitchen and break out area, and reception.
- Adapt the existing air-conditioning and lighting systems and install a new VRV heat pump to the comms room. Reprogramming of the BMS and lighting controls to suit.
- Modify the fire alarms and install additional smoke detection and sounders as required.
- Full height glazed and solid partitions as well as a three way acoustic folding wall which divides the boardroom and meeting rooms to allow conversion to a theatre for large meetings.
- New MF ceilings to boardroom.
- Corian and walnut bespoke joinery.
- New kitchen complete with fridge, microwave, coffee machine, zip tap and dishwasher.
- All office desking, chairs, tables, storage and soft furnishings to the reception and breakout space.
- Full CAT5 shielded network and Electric desk power system with floor grommets and floor boxes.
- Refit security staff welfare room.
Timeframe: The most challenging aspect of this project was the short time frame, which was dictated by the surrender date on the clients existing lease. In addition the rest of the building was occupied which severely restricted the time available for loading out, isolation of services and noisy work.
Safe methods of working needed to be developed within the stairwells which where the only means of access to the floors by the occupants and residents of the top floor apartments.