CAT A refurbishment of 5,000f2 office space on behalf of an International Financial Services company based in the City of London, comprising tenant Cat A Fit Out; returning 5,000 ft2 of offices and meeting rooms to open plan as well as refitting Ladies toilets, Gents toilets and showers.
Timeframe: The most challenging aspect of this project was the fact that the work could only be undertaken within a specific 4 week window of opportunity, with a fixed commencement and a fixed completion date.
Programme: As a result of the timeframe parameters, detailed planning and risk assessments were carried out for all phases of the work to ensure that no delays would affect the critical path to the completion date. In addition, specific milestone dates where fixed for IT and Comms switchovers which were in turn coordinated across three sites simultaneously.
Main Project Elements
- New suspended ceilings
- Re-commissioned lighting systems
- New lighting to toilets and showers
- Partial new raised access floor, overhaul and refurbish remaining existing raised access floor
- Refurbishment of under floor power systems and floor boxes
- New ceramic floor tiling to the toilets and shower room
- Decommissioning of IT and comms systems
- De-gas and strip out of Comms room air-conditioning
- Decommissioning and strip out of Comms room power and IT systems
- Redecoration of all office and ancillary areas